Upgrade Your Sierra
What You Receive With Your Upgrade
Sierra Machinery has been manufacturing our World’s Fastest Skiving and Roller Burnishing Machine since the 1970s. With proper maintenance the hardware components of the Sierra skiver last virtually forever.
Not so for the electronic components, drives, and controls. Some of the motor drives, PLC components, and software have become obsolete and are difficult to support. Your machine may be so old it does not even have a PLC! The degradation of machine electronics may be causing increased cycle times, increased downtime, and reduced overall performance.
Upgrading your Sierra’s electronic controls with the latest equipment will renew your machine, improving its performance and making it easier to maintain. This upgrade will add years of life to your Sierra.
We find one of the most frequent drivers of machine downtime is the failure of obsolete components and attempts to replace them with non-factory approved parts. A Sierra Skiver controls upgrade is the most robust solution to keeping your Sierra running shift after shift.
Upgraded Electrical Cabinet
A new, reduced footprint electrical cabinet with all new controls architecture including:
1. State-of-the-art automation control on drives and motors
2. Precise control of feed to speed relationship results in better finish
3. Electronic roller pressure control circuit continually compensates to provide consistent roller pressure through the cycle
Upgraded Touchscreen Controls
Advanced, touchscreen controls for ease of use:
1. Industrial grade touchscreen
2. Preset all operational parameters and part numbers with the touch of a button.
3. Easily set tool HOME and ROLLER positions from the touch screen-no more limit rod.
4. Convenient manual controls at Clamp and Headstock for easy tool changes.
Real Time Machine Condition Information
IFM critical systems monitoring provides real time machine condition information with helpful alarms.
Automatic Safety PLC E-stop
Safety PLC will automatically E-stop the machine if any unsafe conditions occur.
The Features of the Sierra
Space Saving Footprint
PLC and Drives
New Servo Motor and Controls
New Digital Roller Pressure Controls